At GRASP Innovations we are obsessed with inefficiencies, especially those within aviation security. We love to travel but hate standing in line unnecessarily (standing in line in general actually) and are convinced a combination of smart technologies and data handling products can help solve this.
Our security checkpoint management system is an effective tool to manage daily operations and enables deep performance analyses within airport security checkpoints. It combines granular data gathered through our IR-UWB radars and in-depth knowledge on a complex process into a unique solution. We currently have a first product and are deploying our first customers. We're looking for someone to take our application to the next level. It's an all-round position at an early stage start-up where you deal with all backend aspects of our security checkpoint application that involves moving large amounts of sensor measurements in real-time and connecting additional data sources to gain additional insights with intelligent data processing.
We're looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our growing team. You will be working with market leading airports, security companies and technology integrators.
We have recently raised funding which enables us to accelerate the development of our solutions and bring more powerful and effective solutions to the aviation security industry. This also means that in this role you'll have the freedom and responsibility to help shape our future.
What you'll do
Expand our end-to-end pipeline (that is currently used to capture data from our fleet of IoT IR-UWB radar devices) to allow for connections with external data sources (e.g. API's and external database connections). Implement the corresponding ETL processes (Google Cloud Platform) to prepare the captured data to display in our live applications and post-event analysis environments. Develop and apply machine learning models that look for and highlight patterns and correlations in and between (external) data sources. You'll be directly working with the founders and BI-Developer(s), you'll take ownership of:
- Further developing our strategy in terms of intelligent data processing and providing actionable insights to our end users.
- Maintaining and updating cloud infrastructure for development, testing and production environments
- Creating applications to integrate multiple data sources (including IoT data streams, APIs, external databases)
- Developing API's to allow clients to retrieve data from our data warehouse
- A bachelor's degree related to information technology, software engineering, computer science or data science.
- 4+ years of experience building and working with event-driven data pipelines using cloud services (e.g. Google Cloud Platform or AWS)
- Experience with cloud core architecture;
- designing and optimizing scalable and resilient architectures and solutions
- adding external data sources and processing data in existing cloud architecture.
- Experience with working in Git repositories
- Demonstrable experience with general-purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, C#, C++)
- Demonstrable experience with SQL
- Experience with real-time IoT data pipelines is a plus
- An excellent communicator in English (written and oral)
- An experienced project and team manager
- Someone who performs better in teams
- Opportunity to make impact in high paced environment and accelerate our growth
- Competitive salary and potential employee stock option plan
- Become part of a diverse and very ambitious team
- Unique opportunity to directly impact very innovative solutions and work with cutting edge radar technology
- Hybrid office policy, we have an amazing office in Breukelen but also work from home
- Frequent team events
- Development opportunities to improve skills and expertise
- Flexible transportation arrangements (car, public transport)
GRASP Innovations offers solutions to the Aviation security industry; a traditional workforce driven business that requires automation in order to be sustainable in the future. We are convinced that optimising processes does not have to come at the expense of experience and that tasks that are more suitable for technology, should be executed by technology.
How to Apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your CV and a cover letter (or anything other relevant you'd like to share with us)