At GRASP Innovations we are obsessed with inefficiencies, especially those within aviation security. We love to travel but hate standing in line unnecessarily (standing in line in general actually) and are convinced a combination of smart technologies and data handling products can help solve this.
Our security checkpoint management system is an effective tool to manage daily operations and enables deep performance analyses within airport security checkpoints. It combines granular data gathered through our IR-UWB radars and in-depth knowledge on a complex process into a unique solution. We currently have a first product and are deploying our first customers. We're looking for someone to take our application to the next level. It's an all-round position at an early stage start-up where you identify and analyse trends or patterns in large data sets and assist in building feature updates to bring this information to our end users.
We're looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join our growing team. You will be working with market leading airports, security companies and technology integrators.
We have recently raised funding which enables us to accelerate the development of our solutions and bring more powerful and effective solutions to the aviation security industry. This also means that in this role you'll have the freedom and responsibility to help shape our future.
What you'll do
Identify and analyse trends and patterns in data sets containing measurements from our fleet of IoT IR-UWB radar devices and other (external) operational data. Develop models and algorithms to highlight these trends and patterns and make the corresponding insights available for our GCP cloud infrastructure. Updating cloud infrastructure for development, testing and production environments, including implementation of machine learning feature. You'll be directly working with the founders and BI-Developer(s), you'll take ownership of:
- Assisting with the further development of our strategy in terms of intelligent data processing and providing actionable insights to our end users.
- Examining (external) data sources, identify relations between sources and present insights to the team.
- Implementation of machine learning features into our current cloud infrastructure.
- Maintaining and updating cloud infrastructure for development, testing and production environments.
- A bachelor's degree related to computer science, econometrics, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics
- Relevant experience in developing models and algorithms using complex data sets.
- Demonstrable experience with general-purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, C#, C++)
- Demonstrable experience with SQL
- Experience with real-time IoT data pipelines is a plus
- An excellent communicator in English (written and oral)
- Someone who performs better in teams
- Inquisitive, with a focus on solving complex problems
- Opportunity to make impact in high paced environment and accelerate our growth
- Competitive salary and potential employee stock option plan
- Become part of a diverse and very ambitious team
- Unique opportunity to directly impact very innovative solutions and work with cutting edge radar technology
- Hybrid office policy, we have an amazing office in Breukelen but also work from home
- Frequent team events
- Development opportunities to improve skills and expertise
- Flexible transportation arrangements (car, public transport)
GRASP Innovations offers solutions to the Aviation security industry; a traditional workforce driven business that requires automation in order to be sustainable in the future. We are convinced that optimising processes does not have to come at the expense of experience and that tasks that are more suitable for technology, should be executed by technology.
How to Apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your CV and a cover letter (or anything other relevant you'd like to share with us)